Prep time: 5
Cook time: 45
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Walnut Almond Halwa :
- 2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoon semolina
- 6 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 160 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- water as required
How to Cook Walnut Almond Halwa :
- Grind green cardamom into fine powder. In a pan kept on medium flame, add 1 cup water, sugar and cook until the syrup is of one string consistency. On another flame, place a deep bottomed pan on medium flame and heat ghee in it.
- Turn the flame to low and add semolina and saute until light brown. Add crushed walnut pieces, almond flakes and keep stirring.
- Once the mixture dries out, mix in milk and cook for about 15 minutes. Mix in cardamom powder in the end and transfer the halwa to serving bowls.
- Garnish with walnuts and almonds on top.