Prep time: 5
Cook time: 15
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Singhare Ka Halwa :
- 1 cup water chestnut flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- mixed dry fruits as required
How to Cook Singhare Ka Halwa :
- Take a frying pan and heat 3 tablespoons ghee in it. Pour in singhare ka atta (water chetnut flour), cook it over medium flame for around 5 minutes until it starts looking brown.
- While the flour is being cooked, boil 2 cups of water in a small deep-bottomed pan. Once boiled, pour this water into the pan containing the roasted flour and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Keep stirring and cook until the mixture thickens to form a mass.
- Now stir in cardamom powder and sugar. Mix really well to dissolve the sugar completely and get an even flavour. When the halwa begins to leave the sides, add the rest of the oil to it and mix.
- Your singhare ka halwa is ready to eat. Just garnish it with dry fruits of your choice and serve hot.