Ingredients to cook Rasabali :
- 250 gm cottage cheese
- 3 teaspoon semolina
- 2 1/2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 strands saffron
- 1 teaspoon grated pistachios
- dry rose petals as required
- 1 teaspoon crushed almonds
How to Cook Rasabali :
- Firstly, take a bowl and add cottage cheese, semolina, all purpose flour, 1 tbsp sugar and baking soda in it. Mix all the ingredients well. Knead it in the form of a soft dough.
- Take small portions from this dough and make small balls of it. Press these between your palms and flatten each ball out. Now, place a pan over medium flame and melt ghee in it. Once the ghee is hot enough, add the flattened balls in it.
- Fry these until they are golden brown on both sides. Once done, remove them from the oil and place them on a plate lined with absorbent paper. Meanwhile, place a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame and add milk in it. Let it simmer for a while and then add salt, saffron and green cardamom powder in it. Give it a stir and mix it well.
- Now, add sugar, stir the milk and let it simmer till the milk has reduced into half its quantity. Add the fried patties into the milk and gently mix them. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Give it a gentle stir and take it off the flame.
- Transfer it a bowl and garnish with grated pistachios, almonds and rose petals.