Ingredients to Cook Ras Malai :
- Paneer made from 1 liter of milk (recipe below)
- 1-liter full cream/ whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds or pistachios
How to Cook Ras Malai :
- Mix the water and 1 cup of sugar in a pan and boil till all the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the fire and keep syrup aside.
- Knead the Paneer in a platter till very smooth. Make into balls slightly smaller than the size of a walnut and flatten slightly in the center.
- When the Paneer balls are made, reheat the syrup to boiling, then simmer and gently drop in the Paneer balls. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn off fire.
- In another pan boil the 1 litre of full cream milk with the 1/2 cup of sugar, till reduced/thickened to 75 per cent of its original volume. Turn off the fire, add the and mix well.
- Add the syrup soaked paneer balls (after draining) to the milk mixture and chill for a few hours.
- Before serving, garnish with slivers of dried fruit.