Prep time: 10
Cook time: 25
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Khajur Kheer :
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 8 cup milk
- 2 cup black dates
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup rice
How to Cook Khajur Kheer :
- To begin with, wash rice and soak them in fresh water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, take a chopping board and chop dates, slice pistachios and deseed dates.
- Over medium flame, place a pan and mix in rice, dates and milk in the pan. Cook the rice for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Add almond flakes and chopped pistachios in the pan. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now stir in cardamom powder in the kheer and mix well. Turn the flame off and let the kheer cool down. Garinsh with almonds flakes and pistachios and serve. You can also refrigerate the kheer for upto 1 hour and serve chilled.