- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serves: 10 People
Ingredients to make South Indian Chutney Pudi :
- 2 cups (100 gm ) – Chana Dal / Bengal gram / Kadale bele
- 1 Cup (50 gm) – Urad dal / Black Gram / Uddina bele
- 11/2 Cups – Red chillies (dry) or (Byadagi chillies)
- 1/2 Cup – Curry Leaves / Kari baavu soppu
- 1 Cup – Dry grated Coconut / Desiccated Kobri
- 2 tbs – Tamarind Paste or 1/2 Cup – soaked chunks / Huli
- 1/2 tsp – Asafoetida / Hing / Ingu
- Jaggery / Bella to taste
- Oil – 5 tbs
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
How to make South Indian Chutney Pudi :
Heat wok / pan roast Bengal gram & black gram till light golden color. Make a nice powder and keep aside. In the same wok roast chillies on low flame and keep aside.
Wash the curry leaves, dry roast for few minutes and keep aside. Fry coconut for few seconds on low flame and remove from heat.
Mix all the roasted ingredients with salt (to taste) and make a nice powder using mixer / blender and keep aside.
Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds allow to splutter and then add tamarind paste or tamarind chunks soaked, pressure cooked, and strained through a strainer.
Mix well in the oil and remove from the flame, cool it and mix with powder by hand or blend along with jaggery and hing. Keep in airtight jars.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.