Cook time: 35
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Kaddu Ki Subzi :
- 1 Kg Kaddu
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp Saunf / Fennel seed
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- To taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Dry mango powder/ Aamc
- 3-4 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
How to Cook Kaddu ki Subzi :
- Cut the pumpkin in small pieces without peeling it and wash properly.
- Heat oil in pan, add the methi / fenugreek seeds, saunf and fry for a minute on a low flame or till they are light brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder / haldi, salt, pumpkin and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the pumpkin for 20-25 minutes (till they become soft) on low flame.
- Mash the cooked pumpkin with a masher, add sugar, garam masala and aamchoor / dry mango powder, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with poori and plain curd.