Prep time: 10
Cook time: 25
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Amrood Ki Sabzi :
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1/2 kg semi-ripe guavas
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 250 gm tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 100 ml whipped curd
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp amchur
- 1 tsp roasted ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Chopped coriander
How to Cook Amrood ki Sabzi :
- Heat ghee in a large pan. Cut guavas into wedges and set aside.
- Add cumin to hot ghee. After 10 seconds add asafoetida, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and yoghurt. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 100 ml water and bring to a boil. Add guavas to pan. Cover and cook until tender.
- Sprinkle in garam masala, amchur, roasted fennel powder and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Re-season.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve with puris.