- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serve: 4 People
Ingredients for Vegetable Kolhapuri :
- Carrot – 1
- Potato – 1
- Capsicum – 1
- Cauliflower – 1 cup
- Tomato – 3 (150 grams)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Dry coconut – 1/4 cup (grated)
- Oil – for frying vegetables and making sabzi
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (as per taste)
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
How to make Vegetable Kolhapuri recipe :
Thoroughly wash vegetables and chop in small pieces. Wash tomatoes, green chilly and ginger and grind in mixture grinder to make fine paste.
Preheat oil in a wok. When oil is sufficiently hot add potatoes in oil and fry until they turn little brown in color on high-medium flame.
- Take them out and then place cauliflower, carrot and capsicum in wok, one by one and fry until they turn little brown in color. Take them out in a bowl.
- Take another wok and dry roast sesame seeds and cumin seeds on low flame. Now add grated coconut into it and saute until it changes in color.
- Turn off the flame after sauteing spices and take it out in a bowl. Grind these ingredients once they turn cool.
- Preheat 2 tsp oil in a wok. When oil is sufficiently hot add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute the masala for while.
- Now add tomato-ginger paste, red chilly powder and dry red chilly and saute until oil starts separating from it. After sauteing masala add sesame, cumin seeds-coconut powder.
- Saute for few more minutes and then add cream into it. Stir constantly and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- When oil starts separating from masala, add green peas and cook for 2-3 minutes until peas turn tender. Add 1/2 or 0.75 cup water, salt and garam masala into it and mix well.
- When gravy starts simmering add fried vegetables into it and mix. Cover the sabzi and cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, check the sabzi. Sabzi is now ready, add green coriander into it.
- Take out sabzi in a bowl. Garnish with green coriander.
Serve steaming hot mix veg sabzi with parantha, naan, chapatti or rice and relish eating.