- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 5 People
Ingredients to make Turkish delight :
- Sugar-3 cups
- Cornflour-3/4 cup
- gelatin or China grass-6tablespoon
- Lime juice-1teaspoon
- rose Water-1 1/2 tablespoon
- Pistachio,almonds and cashews-1/4 cup
- red food colour-4 drops
- icing Sugar-1cup
- Water -1 cup
How to make Turkish delight :
- In a pan,add sugar,2 tbsps of cornflour,lime juice,gelatine powder and mix well,then add rose water and 1 cup of water,stir it.
If you use China grass instead of gelatine powder,then soak china grass for 10 mins in a little water and boil till it melts.in a separate bowl add sugar ,cornflour,lime juice,rose water and water.
Mix it well and add it to the above boiling China grass.
Cook it for 20 mins in a low flame.
In another pan boil water and add the nuts.leave it for 5mins and drain it.
In a tray place a parchment paper or aluminium foil and spray oil on it.
In a separate bowl,sieve the icing sugar and cornflour
- Dust the table with the cornflour mixture,invert the recipe plate over it.remove the paper gently from it.sieve the cornflour mixture on it.
- Cut it into a small pieces and dust it in a bowl of flour mixture.
- Refrigerate it and enjoy.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.