Besan – 1 cup
Jowar flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 cup
Bajra flour – 1/2 cup
Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Chilli powder, Corriander powder, Cumin powder, Garam masala powder – 1 tblsp each
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Grated Jaggery – 2 tblsp
Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
Chopped Coriander (Cilantro) – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
Salt – to taste
How to Make Thalipeeth
1. Mix all the above ingredients and knead with enough water into a soft dough.
2. Cover and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. After that make small balls of the dough.
3. Pat each ball with fingers on a wet muslin cloth or a greased plastic cover to roll out the thalipeeth. (You can use a big ziploc cover too. Wet your hands before patting.)
4. In the meantime heat up the tawa.
5. Drop 2-3 drops of oil on the thalipeeth and put it on the hot tawa. Put the rolled out thalipeeth such that the top touches the tawa.
6. Carefully remove the cloth/plastic cover from the thalipeeth.
7. Let it cook well on both sides.
8. Serve hot with dry garlic chutney or yoghurt or raita or fresh coconut and chilly powder.