Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun :
- 2 sweet potato
- 1 powdered green cardamom
- water as required
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup sugar syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- refined oil as required
How to Make Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun :
- To begin with this recipe, boil the potatoes for half an hour at night. Next morning, peel the potatoes and mash them well. Then, add salt, ghee,water, baking soda and flour to the mashed potatoes. Make a dough of the ingredients.
- Next, take out small portions from the dough and make small balls out of it. On the other hand, start heating oil in a deep bottomed pan over a medium flame. Carefully dip the prepared balls into the the pan when bubbles starts to appear.
- Fry these balls till they turn golden brown in color. When the desired colour is obtained, turn off the flame. Allow it to cool down. Now, take out sugar syrup in serving bowls.
- Dip the fried Gulab Jamun in the sugar syrup bowls. Now they are ready to be relished.