Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Stuffed Paratha :
- Whole wheat flour (or Atta Flour) – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Warm water – 1/2 cup
- Stuffing – 1 cup
How to Make Stuffed Paratha :
- Mix the flour, salt and water. Knead the dough to a soft texture. If the dough is little sticky, it gives very soft parathas. Do not make it too sticky, else you will have difficulty rolling.
- Spread few drops of oil over the dough to prevent it from drying. Cover it with moist kitchen towel and let it rest for 1 hour. This makes the dough very pliable.
- Knead the dough again and make lemon sized balls.
- Dip each ball into dry flour and roll out into a small circle using a rolling pin.The edges should be thinner than the center.
- Place a tbsp of stuffing in the center. Bring all the edges of the rolled out dough to the center so it covers up the stuffing. It looks like a small money bag now. Pinch off any excess dough on top.
- Seal it nicely and press it again to form a circle. Roll it out with your hands or with a rolling pin.
- If small bubbles appear just prick it. If some stuffing pops out, just add some flour and roll again.
- Place a griddle on the stove at medium-high heat and apply oil/ ghee. When the oil is hot, put the rolled out paratha on it.
- While light brown spots appear, flip and let it cook. Drizzle some more ghee on top. Cook till brown spots appear on both sides.
- Remove and store in airtight container to keep it soft till you eat. Serve with yogurt and pickle.