- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 7 People
Ingredients to make Srilankan Pol rotis :
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups
- Freshly Grated Coconut 1 Cup
- Salt a pinch
- Olive / canola oil 2 tablespoons
- Chill Water 1/2 glass
- Onion medium sized 1 finely chopped
How to make Srilankan Pol rotis :
- In a bowl , take refined flour , salt , fresh grated coconut , 1 teaspoon oil and knead into a soft dough .
- Consistency of the dough should be no sticky . Add oil to the dough so that spreading to rotis becomes easy .
- Check that the dough doesn’t stick to your finger . Tats the right consistency .
Place it on an aluminium sheet / a flat plate . Grease the plate / sheet with oil .
- Now take a teaspoon of chopped onions and place the onions at the centre of the roti .
- Close the roti by its ends and make into a big ball .
- Grease your fingers and the plate and start spreading this big ball into a medium sized thick roti .
Similarly, spread the rest of the balls too into thick rotis . Don’t forget to stuff onions before spreading .
Pol rotis are ready to serve .