A) 1/2 Coconut grated
2 Green chillies
1 small piece of Ginger
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 cups of Water
B) 5-6 Kokum soaked in water for 10 minutes
C) Chopped mint leaves and/or coriander leaves for garnishing
How to Make Sol Kadhi
Put all the items mentioned under A in the mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Strain it to get the coconut milk.
3. Squeeze the kokum in the water and strain it.
4. Add little by little to the coconut milk.
5. Kokum is sour and is used instead of tamarind in many recipes. Hence check the sourness of the kadhi and add according to your taste.
6. Garnish with chopped pudina (mint leaves) or coriander leaves. Serve chilled or in normal room temperature as per your wish.