Cook time: 4
Serves: 5 People
Ingredients for Rava Burfi :
- 2 cup semolina
- 2 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 4 cup sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 cup ghee
How to Make Rava Burfi :
- Take a large tray, grease it well with butter and keep it aside for now. Now take a deep-bottomed pan and pour ghee in it. Heat ghee on medium flame and add rava (semolina) to the pan once heated.
- Mix rava well and saute for 2-3 minutes while stirring the rava well with ghee. Now add besan (gram flour) to the pan. Mix and roast the mixture well. Keep stirring continuously to prevent it from burning.
- When golden brown in color, add grated coconut and mix it well with the mixture. Once done, add sugar along with milk. Keep the flame low while adding milk in the pan. Stir gently to combine milk well with ingredients. Ensure no lumps are formed.
- Stir occasionally, mixture would start to thicken. Sugar will leave moisture and would give a nice texture to mixture. Keep heating and stirring on a low flame.
- When the mixture thickens, add more ghee in the pan and let the mixture bubble up. Stir well so that the ghee is absorbed. You can also add rose water now.
- The mixture would emit a sweet fragrance and would look like a halwa. The burfi mixture would soon start to leave the pan. Quickly transfer the burfi mixture to previously greased tray. Take a large spoon and level the mixture well.
- Sprinkle the sliced pistachios over the burfi mixture and press them down with a greased spoon. Allow it to cool and cut it into small pieces. Let them cool completely. You can refrigerate rava burfi and can store it in an air tight jar.