Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Paneer Paratha :
- Whole-wheat flour (Atta) – 1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) – ¼ cup
- Paneer – 1 cup (crumbled)
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee/Oil – to roast the parathas
How to Make Paneer Paratha :
- Take the atta, maida, some salt and mix it together. Add water little by little and keep kneading to form soft, pliable dough. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes while you get the other things ready.
- Crumble the paneer with your hands. Mix in the salt, chaat masala and roasted cumin powder. Also mix in the finely chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Make lemon sized balls with the dough as well as with the paneer mixture. The above measurement makes about 5-6 balls.
- Roll out one dough to a small circle about 3” in diameter. Add a ball of the paneer mixture in the middle.
- Gather the edges of the rolled out dough and bring it to the center to cover the stuffing. Seal it and pinch out the excess dough if any.
- Flatten it with your hands. Flour the surface and roll it out into 5” diameter parathas. While rolling, roll towards the edges of the paratha to prevent the stuffing from coming out. Repeat with all the balls.
- Heat a griddle and place the paratha carefully. Cook on one side till small bubbles appear.
- Drizzle few drops of oil or ghee. Flip the paratha and cook the other side too.