- Prep Time: 72 Hours
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serves: 4 People
Ingredients to make Nimmakaya Uragaya/Lemon Pickle :
- Yellow coloured and thin skinned Lemon ( Medium Sized ) -12
- Lemon Juice – 1 Cup
- Turmeric powder – 3 teaspoon
- Red Chilly powder – 1 Cup
- Salt – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Roasted Mustard powder – 2 teaspoon
- Roasted Fenugreek powder – 2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 2 teaspoon
How to make Nimmakaya Uragaya/Lemon Pickle :
Cut the lemon into quarter pieces and transfer these pieces into a bowl.
Add the turmeric powder and salt to it . Mix it well. Allow it to rest for three days.
On the forth day, add the roasted fenugreek powder, roasted mustard powder one after the other.
Then add oil , red chilly powder and seasoned mix ( mustard seeds and asafoetida fried in oil) to it. Mix it well.
Store it in a dry container. It can be stored for months if kept at a cool place.
It serves as a comfort food when served with hot steamed plain rice, curd rice khichdi, biryani etc.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.