Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Mango Rasgulla :
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon mango
- 2 teaspoon semolina
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thick sour curd
- saffron as required
- pistachios as required
- 2 cup mango puree
How to Make Mango Rasgulla :
- To prepare this amazing dessert recipe, we will first prepare the mango chena. Take a container and start boiling the milk and mango puree in it. Then, add curd and lemon juice to it and mix well. Once the mixture appears to be cooked, turn off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Strain the mixture in strainer and allow it to cool. To strain out the extra water from chena, place a heavy bowl on it and let it be there for about 10-15 minutes. If your paneer is not ready by this time, place it for another 10-15 minutes.
- On the other hand, we will prepare the sugar syrup. Add sugar, water, mango puree and saffron strands in the cooker and bring it to boil. Once cooked, turn off the flame. Your sugar syrup is now ready!
- Now, after squeezing the water from the chena to form cottage cheese, knead the paneer to form a dough. Add semolina to the dough. Knead it again. Add water to the dough to make soft and smooth balls out of it.
- Now flatten the chena balls using your palms and place the mango cubes or pieces in it. Then, cover the chena balls from all sides and let the Rasgulla balls soak in sugar syrup for sometime. Reserve about 2 tbsp of sugar syrup from the prepared syrup and keep it aside.
- Now cover the mixture and boil it for about 15 minutes or so. When the size of the rasgulla balls increase, remove these balls from the hot pan. Pour some reserved sugar syrup on it, if required and garnish it with chopped pistachios and saffron strands. Your Mango Rasgulla is ready!