Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Kurkuri Bhindi Fry :
- Okra (Bhindi or ladies finger) – 250 gms
- Gram flour (besan) – 3 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Red Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Amchoor Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – for frying
How to Make Kurkuri Bhindi Fry :
- Wash and cut the okra in a slanting shape. It should be thin stripes. Only then we will get crispy fry.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, amchoor powder, asafoetida and turmeric powder on top of it and mix well.
- Next add the gram flour and rice flour. Mix well until the okras are coated with the gram flour.
- Finally add salt and mix well.
- Deep fry it in batches in a kadai with hot oil over medium heat. Fry each batch for about 3 minutes and not more than that. It should have some green colour and not be like tasteless sticks.
- Remove from oil using slotted spoon and drain excess oil using paper towel. You will get nice crispy bhindi fry.