Prep time: 10
Cook time: 50
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Koloocheh :
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon crushed to paste vanilla beans
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
How to Make Koloocheh :
- To make this delicious recipe, start by preparing the filling. In a food processor, blend in the walnuts, dates, caster sugar, rosewater, and salt and form a paste. Once done, take the paste out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl to whisk the butter and sugar together until a creamy texture is formed. Add the vanilla bean paste and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour in the butter and sugar mixture and knead a dough. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 degrees and grease a baking tray using butter.
- Now, take a small portion of the dough in your hand and press it. Then take small amount of the filling and place it on the flattened dough, close it and give it a shape of a cookie. Repeat the same process and make more cookies.
- Next, place these cookies on the greases baking tray and bake for 15- 20 minutes or until they turn golden. Take them out and serve.