Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Indian Style Omelette :
- Eggs – 2
- Onion – 1 or 6 shallot onions (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetables – ¼ cup (finely chopped tomato, capsicum, carrot, mushroom etc)
How to Make Indian Style Omelette :
- Whether you prefer to make the simple omelette or the spicy masala omelette, the recipe is the same as below.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients to it.
- Beat it well with a fork or a egg beater.
- Heat a skillet or a frying pan over medium low heat. Add 1-2 tsp of oil and gently pour the egg mixture.
- Carefully spread the egg mixture in a circular shape and spread the onion uniformly.
- Let it cook for a minute on the first side before flipping it. The egg will no longer be runny.
- Cook the other side for about 30 seconds.