Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 10 People
Ingredients of Chana Dal Burfi :
- 1 1/4 cup chana dal
- 3 strand saffron
- 2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 6 tablespoon ghee
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon raisins
- water as required
- 1 tablespoon raisins
How to Make Chana Dal Burfi :
- To begin with, using a clean chopping board chop raisins and keep them aside until needed again. Wash and clean the chana dal and transfer it in a bowl. Add enough water in it and leave the mixture undisturbed for 2 hours. Drain the water and keep the soaked dal aside until needed again.
- In a mixer jar add the soaked chana dal and grind it into a paste. Keep the paste aside until needed again.
- Put a deep-bottomed pan on low flame and heat ghee in it. Then add the prepared chana dal paste in it. Mix and cook the mixture for 10 minutes using a spatula.
- In this mixture add milk followed by raisins and hot water. Increase the flame to high while stirring the mixture simultaneously.
- Next add cardamom powder, sugar and saffron strands in the chana dal-milk mixture. Stir continuously and allow the mixture to be cooked for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile brush a plate (or tray) with butter and evenly pour the prepared mixture in it. Top it up with flaked almonds/raisins and gently flatten the mixture with a spoon.
- Using a clean knife, cut the mixture into desired shape. Allow the burfi to settle for another 60 minutes.