- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Serves: 4 People
Ingredients to make Bhel Puri :
- 1 cup – puffed Rice/Laiya
- 1/4 cup – finely chopped deseeded ripe Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup – finely chopped Onions
- 1 tsp – grated Ginger
- 1 cup – crushed mathri
- 1 1/2 cups – sev
- 3-4 tbsp green chutney
- 2-3 tbsp red chutney/sweet chutney
- 1/2 tsp of black Salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp – chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp – garam Masala
- 1/4 cup – roasted peanuts (Salted or unsalted)
- 1/4 cup of chopped Coriander leaves
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup – Matar soaked and boiled
- For Green chutney:
- Coriander leaves (cilantro) – 1 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1/2 of 1 small bunch
- Green Chillies – 2 or 3
- chopped Onion – 1
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- chaat Masala as per choice
- Sugar just to taste
- juice of 1/2 Lime
- For the sweet chutney:
- Small Lime-sized ball of tamarind
- 5 or more Dates pitted and roughly chopped
- Red Chilli powder
- Fennel powder
- dry Ginger powder (Sonth)
- Jeera powder
- Coriander powder (optional)
- A pinch of garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Water as per desired consistency
How to make Bhel Puri :
I had prepared the chutneys before hand. You can alter their taste as per your choice.
The amount of sweetness, salt, chilli, consistency etc.
Boil the matar and sprinkle some salt and chat masala.
Add all other ingredients in a wide bowl.
Add in the matar. Whisk a little by a spoon or a spatula.
Taste, adjust the taste and whisk again.
Garnish with sev and fresh coriander
Serve immediately as it might become soggy.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.