Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Bhakri :
- Bajra (Pearl Millet) Flour – 1.5 cups
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – as needed (app. 3/4th cup)
How to Make Bhakri :
- Add salt to the water and bring it to a boil
- Take the flour in a mixing bowl and make a well in between.
- Pour the hot water little by little and keep mixing with a spoon.
- Now knead with your hands to form a soft and elastic dough.
- Take a lemon sized portion of the dough.
- On a clean surface, flatten the dough and keep pressing with your palm. Use some dry flour to prevent it from sticking to your hands.
- Continue pressing till you get a flat bread about 6-7″ in diameter.
- Heat the tawa / griddle in the meantime.
- Gently remove the pressed flat bread from the working surface and transfer it to the hot tawa.
- Sprinkle few drops of water to the top side of the bhakri to prevent it from getting dried out.
- After about a minute or 2, flip and cook the other side.
- Once both the sides are cooked and brown spots appear, remove it from the tawa.
- Spread some butter/ghee on the bhakris and serve with any side-dish.