- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Ari Pathiri :
- Roasted Rice flour/ Pathiri flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – about 1/4 cup (for dusting)
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste (about 1/4 tsp)
How to Make Ari Pathiri :
- Take the water in a bowl and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to simmer and add the salt. Slowly mix in the rice flour.
- Once all the flour is mixed, switch off and cover with a lid. Let it for about 5 minutes. The rice flour will get cooked with the steam inside.
- Remove the dough onto a clean surface or a large plate. When the dough is still warm, wet your hands and knead it nicely like a chapatti dough. It is important to knead it when it is warm ro make a soft and pliable dough.
- Make small lemon sized balls with the dough.
- Roll it out using a chappatti rolling pin or with pathiri (roti) press. Use little rice flour to prevent it from sticking while rolling.
- Heat a griddle(tawa) on high heat and then reduce the flame to medium. You need to cook the pathiris on medium flame for best results.
- Transfer the rolled out pathiri gently to the hot tawa. After just 20-30 seconds, flip the rotis. It takes very little time to cook.
- Cook the other side for another 30 seconds. Repeat the flipping once more.
- Using the back of a spoon or a folded paper towel, press gently on the pathiri for it to puff up. Unlike wheat rotis, you don’t want to get brown spots on these rotis. Remove it from the griddle and enjoy.