Prep Time: 0 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodles :
- 225g (1/2 lb) dried rice stick Pad Thai noodles
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney or sauce (store bought)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste or Thai chili sauce
- 1 tbsp dark Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet Red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh Bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts lightly crushed
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 lime wedges for garnish
How to Cook Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodles :
Add noodles to hot water and cover for 20 minutes or until they turn soft. Stir in between to loosen them. Drain and set aside.
Combine tamarind sauce, ketchup, lime juice, coconut cream, curry paste or chili sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside. In another bowl whisk eggs.
On medium high heat, warm 1 tbsp of oil in a small frying pan. Pout in beaten eggs and make omelette. Shred roughly using spatula. Set aside.
Take large non-stick wok or skillet and on medium high heat warm remaining oil and add onions, garlic and red pepper. Saute until they turn light brown for nearly 4-5 minutes.
Add in bean sprouts, noodles, eggs, tamarind soy mixture and peanuts. Gently stir fry by tossing with 2 forks for about two minutes or until everything is mixed well.
Transfer this to a platter and garnish with chopped coriander leaves, green onions, peanuts and lime wedges.