Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Vegetable Makhanwala in Red Gravy :
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut and blanched french beans
- 1/4 cup blanched cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup blanched and diagonally cut carrots
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 cup sliced and blanched capsicum
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds (shahjeera)
- 1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
To Be Blended Into A Smooth Tomato Mixture
- 2 1/2 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
- 6 cashew nuts (kaju)
- 1 tsp roughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
How to Cook Vegetable Makhanwala in Red Gravy :
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the caraway seeds and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream and the mixed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.