Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients For Veg Spring Rolls :
- 10-12 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 4-5 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Cabbage, grated
- 1/2 Cup Carrots Carrots, grated
- 1/2 Cup Beans, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Inch Piece of Ginger, grated
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Teaspoons Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Flour / All Purpose Flour
- Oil for Frying
How to Cook Veg Spring Rolls :
- Wash and rinse all the vegetables. Shred the cabbage and carrots. Thinly slice the beans and capsicum.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Add finely chopped spring onions whites.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and stir for a couple of minutes till they start to brown slightly.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan. Stir fry the vegetables on high flame for 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook them so that they retain a slight crunch.
- When the vegetables are cooked add Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Soy Sauce and Vinegar. Be careful while adding the Salt since Soy Sauce already contains some Salt in it.
- Mix everything well and cook for a couple of minutes. Let the mixture sit and cool down for some time before handling it.
- Mix 1 part Plain Flour / All Purpose Flour with 2 parts of water and make a thick paste. This paste will be used for sealing the Spring Rolls. You can also use it to fix any tears in your wrappers.
- Gently separate a Spring Roll wrapper and spread it out on a flat working area.
- Take a small handful of the filling and place it diagonally on one corner of the wrapper.
- Start rolling the wrapper gently but tightly from one end till you reach midway.
- Spread the paste we prepared earlier on the edges of the wrapper.
- Then gently fold in one end of the wrapper inside.
- Add a little more paste if needed and fold the other side in as well.
- Roll the wrapper the rest of the way and seal the ends by applying the paste and pressing gently.
- Finish rolling the rest of the spring rolls in the same way.
- Deep fry these Spring Rolls on medium heat for 2-3 minutes till they turn golden brown and crispy.