Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients For Veg Hakka Noodles :
- 1 Pack (300 gm) of Hakka Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Colored Capsicum (Bell Pepper), thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, shredded
- 3-4 Stems Spring Onions, chopped
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, grated
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
How to Cook Veg Hakka Noodles :
- Boil 2 cups of water in a vessel. Add 1 teaspoon Oil in the water which will prevent the noodles from sticking to each other. Also add a pinch of Salt so that it gets absorbed in the noodles while cooking. Add the noodles to the water and cook them according to the instructions on the pack till they are tender.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain the hot water and place them in a colander. Lightly hand toss them to separate the noodle strands and run the noodles under cold water to stop the cooking process, so the noodles do not become mushy.
- You can prepare the gravy while the noodles are cooking. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok (kadhai). Add grated Garlic & finely chopped Green Chillies and fry them.
- Then add thinly sliced Onions and colored Bell Peppers (Capsicum).
- Also add shredded Cabbage and Carrots along with chopped Spring Onion whites.
- Toss the vegetables lightly for a few minutes, stir frying them on high heat till they are cooked but still crunchy. Do not cook overcook the vegetables.
- Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Green Chilli Sauce and Red Chilli Sauce. Also add Black Pepper Powder and Salt to taste.
- Toss lightly to mix the sauces with the vegetables.
- Add boiled noodles to the vegetables and toss to coat the noodles.
- You can use 2 forks to mix the noodles so that they don’t get smushed.
- Finally add some finely chopped Spring Onion Greens for garnish.
- Veg Hakka Noodles are ready. They can be served as a standalone meal or with a side dish like Veg Manchurian or Gobi Manchurian.