Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients For Veg Fried Rice :
- 1 Cup Rice (Long Grained)
- 1/2 Cup Spring Onion Whites, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum/ Bell Peppers (Green/ Red/ Yellow)
- 1/4 Cup Matar/ Peas
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, minced (3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons
How to Cook Veg Fried Rice :
- Soak 1 cup rice in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil rice in around 2 cups of water along with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp salt. Cook them in an open container without covering them. The rice should not be overcooked.
- Once cooked spread the rice out to separate the grains and let them cool down. You can also run them gently under cool water in a colander to stop the cooking process.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the minced garlic and ginger.
- Add the Spring Onions, Carrots, Cabbage, Capsicum and Peas and stir fry them on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep tossing & stirring the vegetables continuously. The vegetables should be cooked but still retain their crunchiness.
- Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar along with salt, pepper & red chilli powder. Be careful while adding salt, as soy sauce has salt in it.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix well to coat the rice with the sauces & veggies.
- Vegetable Fried Rice is ready. Serve it hot with an indo-chinese side dish like Veg Manchurian.