Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Tomato Paneer :
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp zeera
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 capsicum, diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup paneer, cut into medium sized cubes
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup milk
- Chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
How to Cook Tomato Paneer :
- In a pan add olive oil, zeera, star anise, ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the diced capsicum. Saute for 1 minute. (You can saute it for longer in case you do not like your capsicum too crunchy.)
- Add tomato puree. Add salt, garam masala and sugar. Cook till it leaves oil on the sides.
- Add milk. Mix well. Add the paneer cubes. Let it cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Do not over cook the milk as it can curdle.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Note: Paneer cubes can be grilled on a non-stick tawa till light brown before adding to the base.