Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Thiruvathirai Kali :
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 2 cup powdered jaggery
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 5 powdered green cardamom
- 10 cashews
- 10 raisins
- 1/3 cup grated coconut
How to Cook Thiruvathirai Kali :
- To prepare this recipe, place a frying pan over medium flame and pour ghee in it. Once the ghee is hot pour raw rice into the pan and keep frying by stirring until the rice turns golden brown in colour. Let the rice cool and put it in a mixer to grind it into a coarse powder.
- Now, place another pan over medium flame and add powdered jaggery into it with water and boil it. Wait until the jaggery fully dissolves in the water and then drain the excess water from the top with impurities.
- Now take a different pan and put it over the medium flame, add jaggery paste along with prepared rice powder. Continue to mix the paste carefully that no lumps are formed. Continue to cook until the raw rice starts to soak in the jaggery syrup and keep adding ghee to the pan. Now add the powdered green cardamom and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a pressure cooker and cook it till three whistles. Finally, in a pan, pour ghee and fry cashew nuts, raisins and the grated coconut. Add it to the mixture prepared in the pressure cooker and serve hot.