Prep Time: 0 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Thai chicken salad :
- 500 gms chicken breast (boneless)
- Finely chopped basil (8-10 leaves)
- Finely chopped kafir lime (5-6 leaves)
- Finely chopped green onions (3- 4 now)
- Minced garlic (1 teaspoon)
- coconut milk (250 ml)
- powdered sugar (2 tablespoons)
- lemon juice (2 tablespoon)
- peanuts (garnishing)
- Red chillies (garnishing/optional)
- salt to taste
How to Cook Thai chicken salad :
Boil the chicken in a pan with a pinch of salt. This should take about 15 mins on a medium flame. Check once.
Once the chicken is boiled. Let it cool. Shred the chicken with your hands into small pieces. Place it in a bowl.
Now add all the ingredients except for the peanuts and chillies. Mix well. Make sure that the salad is not too liquidy before adding the coconut milk.
Taste it once. It should be slightly sweet and lemony.
Garnish with lots of crushed peanuts and chillies. Serve with lemon on the side.