Prep time: 15
Cook time: 40
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Tamatar Kadhi :
- 2 Kg Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 Green chillies (slit lengthwise)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds (rai)
- 10 Curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- to taste Salt
- 3 cups Mixed vegetables – cauliflower, carrot, green beans, baby okra (gobhi, gajar, faliyaan and bhindi)
- To garnish Coriander leaves, chopped
How to Cook Tamatar Kadhi :
- Boil tomatoes in 3 cups of water till soft.
- Mash well and strain through a soup sieve to make puree.
- Add enough water to this to get a thin soup consistency.
- Put back on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When seeds splutter, add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and the mixed vegetables and stir.
- Simmer and cook till vegetables are done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.