Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Tamarind Rice :
- 2 Cups Rice (cooked ‘bite-like’)
- 1/2 Cup Tamarind (made into pulp)
- 3 Whole red chillies
- 1/4 Cup Curry leaves
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Channa daal
- 1 tsp Urad daal (dhuli)
- 1/4 tsp Methi seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chillli powder
- 1 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Gur
How to Cook Tamarind Rice :
- Heat oil and roast peanuts along with both the dals.
- Saute till the dals splutter and slightly coloured.
- Now add curry leaves and whole red chillies.
- Mix them well.
- Add salt, hing, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Saute them well.
- Add gur to the cooked mix and saute well. Now add the tamarind pulp to the mix and saute till it becomes a semi thick gravy.
- Add cooked rice to the mix.
- Saute it well so the rice is completely mixed with the cooked gravy.