Prep time: 20
Cook time: 30
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Halwa :
- 500 gm grated,peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon powdered almonds
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 handful chopped pistachios
- 1 handful chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 5 cup milk
How to Cook Sweet Potato Halwa :
- Boil milk till it thickens and reduces by 1/3rd. Add sweet potatoes, cardamoms, sugar and powdered almonds.
- Cook over low heat till a creamy consistency is achieved. Keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- In a separate pan, heat ghee and lightly fry the pistachios and cashew nuts.
- Garnish the halwa with fried pistachios and cashewnuts.