Prep time: 05
Cook time: 45
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Sushi Rice :
- 180 gm of sushi rice
- 2 tsp castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 45 ml vinegar
How to Cook Sushi Rice :
- Wash 180 gm of rice at least 10 times to get the water to be clear.
- Now leave in pot of 20 mins. The rice will fluff up a bit.
- Put the rice along with equal amount of water eg 1 cup rice and 1 cup water (cold) in a deep pot with a transparent cover if possible. Turn on full heat. Put the lid on the pot and leave until the rice starts to boil.
- When it starts boiling, turn down the heat and simmer until water has boiled away.
- Now turn of the heat and let the rice steam for 15 to 20 mins.
- Put the rice in a deep bowl and mix with salt sugar and vinegar. Mix with a wooden spatula as if you are slicing the rice rather than mixing it in a circular motion. Keep fanning the rice if possible till cool.