Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Sukhe Baingan :
To be mixed into a filling
- 1 cup deep fried onions
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp kitchen king masala
- salt to taste
- 4 long brinjals (baingan / eggplant)
- salt for rubbing
- oil for deep-frying
How to Cook Sukhe Baingan :
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Slit the brinjals lengthwise and rub the insides with a little salt. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Stuff each brinjal with 1 portion of the filling and tie the stuffed brinjals with a thread to avoid the filling from falling out.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the brinjals till soft. Remove and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Remove the thread and serve immediately.