Prep time: 10
Cook time: 15
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Spicy Aloo Tikki :
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorn
- 4 Potatoes (Boiled), mashed
- 1/2 Cup Peas (Boiled), mashed
- 1 Cup Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Ground spice
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 Cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Maida
- To garnish Curd
- To garnish Mint chutney
How to Cook Spicy Aloo Tikki :
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add sliced onion to it and fry till golden brown.
- In another pan, dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black peppercorn for a while. Grind them together.
- Take mashed potatoes in a bowl along with mashed peas.
- Add ginger paste followed by fried onion and mix them thoroughly.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, ground spice, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Mix these ingredients well to make a sticky mixture.
- Add maida to the bowl and mix again.
- Now, make round balls for tikki out of the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After refrigeration, pan fry the tikkis in some oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot.