Prep time: 10
Cook time: 35
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Spiced Potato Curry :
- 150 gm chopped potato
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 5 leaves curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon refined oil
How to Cook Spiced Potato Curry :
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame. Add the red chillies, curry leaves, cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
- Once the curry leaves start to splutter, add the green chillies and onions. Saute until golden brown. Then, add the chopped potatoes and stir.
- After 30 seconds, add the garam masala powder, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix well. Sprinkle a little water and stir until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Remove the lid and garnish with coriander leaves. Remove from flame and transfer the dish in a serving bowl. Serve hot with rice, roti or dosa.