Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Spiced Eggplant :
- 2 1/2 pounds eggplant
- 2/3 cup clarified butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 teaspoons crushed coriander seed
How to Cook Spiced Eggplant :
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Half eggplant(s) and bake for 20 minutes, or until tender. Using a potato masher or pastry blender, crush eggplant.
- Heat clarified butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute onions until translucent. Stir in tomatoes and eggplant; cook, stirring, until liquid evaporated. Remove from heat and sprinkle with coriander.