Prep time: 30
Cook time: 60
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Soyabean Tikki :
- 60 gm chana dal
- 50 gm sliced onion
- 2 Kashmiri red chilli
- 1 black cardamom
- 3 black pepper
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 50 gm mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 cup semolina
- salt as required
How to make Soyabean Tikki :
- To prepare this easy recipe, soak soya chunks in a large bowl for about half an hour. Afterwards, put a pan on medium flame and add a bit of salt in it. Once the water has reached the boiling point, add soaked soya chunks in it and boil for 10-12 minutes. Once done, keep them aside.
- Next, put a pan on medium flame and heat a little oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds, whole red chillies, black cardamom and black peppers in the pan and let them temper. Then, add sliced onion in the pan and cook for a while. Once the onions are sauteed, add chana dal in it. Stir to mix well and then add turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala in the pan.
- Now, squeeze the boiled soya chunks and add them in the pan of chana dal. Mix well and check the seasonings, and cook for about 2-5 minutes. Afterwards, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down. Once done, add it into a grinder jar and grind to a coarse mixture for making the tikki.
- Then, take out the mixture in a bowl. Take some amount of this coarse mixture and make small patties, keep aside. Repeat to make more such patties. Mix semolina and corn flour in a bowl together and keep aside until required.
- For frying these tikkis, put a pan or a tawa on medium flame and add a little oil in it. Make sure that you use just a little oil as these are supposed to be shallow fried. Dip each patty in the cornflour and semolina mixture and put on the tawa or the pan and shallow fry. Repeat the procedure to make more such tikkis. You can also use a griller for this purpose.
- Now, take a bowl and mix together mayonnaise, red chilli powder, chaat masala and kasoori methi powder. Serve these soyabean tikkis with this dip and enjoy.