Prep time: 5
Cook time: 25
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Sookhe Aloo :
- 1/2 kg potatoes/ aloo, boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp finely sliced ginger
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida/ heeng
- 2-3 whole red chilli
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds, roasted and powdered
- 1 black cardamom, roasted and powdered
- 4 cloves, roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, roasted and powdered
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
How to Cook Sookhe Aloo :
- Crush and break the potatoes between the palms of your hands and set aside.
- Heat oil. Add the asafoetida, ginger and whole red chillies.
- When the chillies begin to darken, add the roasted and powdered ingredients and the potatoes, and mix well.
- Add salt, mango powder, turmeric and 2 Tbsp of coriander leaves and saute over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the rest of the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.