Prep time: 20
Cook time: 15
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Baked Shankarpali Recipe :
- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1/2 Cup Refined flour (maida)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 Cup Tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
How to Cook Shankarpali :
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place the whole wheat flour and refined flour in a bowl. Add crushed garlic, salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala, cumin powder, tomato puree and ghee and mix.
- Knead into medium soft dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and rest it for 15 minutes.
- Roll out into a round disc taking care not to roll it too thin.
- Cut into small triangles. Separate the pieces and arrange them on a silicon baking sheet kept on a baking tray.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Check to see if they are crisp. If not done, bake for five minutes more.
- Bring the tray out and set aside to cool down to room temperature.