Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients For Veg Schezwan Fried Rice :
- 1.5 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1/4 Cup chopped Cabbage
- 1/4 Cup chopped Carrots
- 1/4 Cup chopped Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup chopped Capsicum (Bell Pepper), green or colored
- 3 Spring Onions
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoon Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, or as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
How to Cook Schezwan Fried Rice :
- Heat 4.5 cups of water in a pot and add 1/2 teaspoon Oil to it.
- Add washed Rice to the pot and cook on medium flame for 15 minutes without a lid.
- Do not fully cook the rice, it should be firm to the bite. Then drain the water from the Rice and let them cool down.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Oil in a pan and add minced Garlic to it. Fry for a few seconds.
- Then add chopped Spring Onion Whites, Cabbage, Carrots, Green Beans and Bell Peppers (Capsicum).
- Cook the vegetables on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring continuously to ensure that they are cooked evenly.
- Add Schezwan Sauce, Soy Sauce and Vinegar to the vegetables and mix well.