Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Sayur Masak Lemak (Curry vegetables) :
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon belacan (shrimp paste)
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 50g small prawns, shelled
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 180ml water
- 120ml coconut milk
How to Cook Sayur Masak Lemak (Curry vegetables) :
- Pound the onion, belacan and chilli with a mortar and pestle into a smooth spice paste. Or grind in a food processor. Sprinkle the prawns with sugar and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the spice paste ingredients till fragrant. Add the prawns and cabbage and stir and cook until the cabbage is almost done.
- Pour in the water followed by coconut milk. Season with salt to taste and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat and serve with rice and a meat dish.