Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Saunfia Chaman :
- 7 Tbsp Mustard oil
- 250 Gram Paneer
- 3 Brown cardamom
- 5 Green cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 Cup Tomato puree
- A pinch of Heeng
- 1/4 tsp Dry ginger powder
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Saunf powder (aniseed powder)
- 1 Cup Water
How to Cook Saunfia Chaman :
- Cut the paneer into thick rectangular shaped pieces.
- In a wok add 5 Tbsp mustard oil. Shallow fry paneer pieces from both sides till golden-brown.
- Transfer them in a bowl with 1 cup water. Add a pinch of heeng.
- Ina wok add 2 Tbsp oil. Splutter brown cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon.
- Add tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder. Cook till the masala leaves oil on the sides.
- Soak out the extra water from the paneer. Add it to the masala. Now add some saunf powder. Mix.
- Now add the water in which the paneer was soaked.
- Mix well. Let it cook for 1 more minute.