Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Sali Marghi :
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 1/2 Cup Tomato puree
- 1/2 Tbsp Red chilli powder (for color)
- 1/4 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam masala
- 7-8 Chicken pieces (leg and thigh)
- To taste Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Zeera powder
- To top the dish Sali (deep fried potato lachchas)
How to Cook Sali Marghi :
- In a deep pan (Pateela) add oil Once its hot, add chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste. Saute till the onions are golden brown. Strain any extra oil.
- Now add the tomato puree. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric, green chilli and garam masala. Saute till the oil lifts up.
- Add the chicken pieces. Coat them nicely with the masala and add salt.
- Add the water (enough to cover the chicken partially), cover the vessel and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now add the zeera powder. Mix well. Cook till the gravy has thickened and the chicken is cooked.
- Before serving top it with a handful of sali.