Prep time: 15
Cook time: 45
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients for Saffron Rice :
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
How to Cook Saffron Rice :
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and dark brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Pour in rice and stir to coat. Stir in water, parsley flakes, saffron, and 3 drops of yellow food coloring (optional). Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.